Where is everybody Wednesday????

Liz R.
on 3/1/11 9:15 pm - Easton, PA
Good MOrning All - It's been a crazy week at work. Lots of big projects fluttering around my desk all at the same stage makes things tough.

I have a huge conference call at 9 that will hopefully finish up one of the biggest projects for CHOP and let us move forward. I am mentally and physically drained. After work today headed straight home to hang with Mia. For those that missed it on FB She is 9 months old now! 3 teeth, 30" long and 22 pounds 13 ounces! Dr said that she is doing perfect
steffihope
on 3/1/11 9:20 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Lynn and all of PA - happy to see you posting.....isn't it fun?

I am trying my damndest to be in a good mood.  I woke up OK enough, and the minute I walked into the building, my stomache did a flip-flop and I became angry again. This sucks!  Noone should be made to feel less than they are.  And that is how I feel right now.  I know I am a GREAT teacher - and while I know that is self-serving, I have letters, scores and students who STILL ask for my help LONG after they have sat in my classroom.  I really hate that I have to do so much self-talk to remind myself of that!  I have NEVER had ANY comments negatively on my teaching.....the only things that have been an issue surround paper-work.  REALLY?!?!?!  Is THAT what it is coming to in this country?  Screw the relationship the student has with the teacher - so long as their scores look good and the paper-work is done?!?!  I am really NOT political, but this **** has to stop at some point!    As a parent, it disgusts me....And what is even worse, many veteran teachers don't need to submit plans at all!  (In other schools of course.)  Anyway - enough of THAT rant....

I am here for a half day with the students, then have meetings this afternoon - THAT should be a joy - I will soooooo be finding my happy place!  Then DIRECTLY to the pool to get out some of this aggression I am feeling.  Home for a quick dinner and then out to the parenting seminar.  Larry is home again tonight so I am hopeful for some cuddling on the sofa in front of the TV.  That did NOT happen last night as he did not want to watch tv, so I sat and played computer games for about a 1/2 hour while he got pissed that he couldn't find something and I wasn't helping him look....WOW.....I am REALLY in a bad place arent I?  Hence my FB post - today HAS to be a better day!

I am going to go work on improving my day - and smiling when my students get here - they did NOT like the mopey teacher who was in front of them yesterday (Come to think of it, neither did I!)

Happy Wednesday y'all!
bvohl
on 3/1/11 9:56 pm
Steffi,

As a fellow teacher I feel your pain! There were MANY years that I had administrators who were size 12 hemmoroids and made me feel like a failure as a teacher. I hated that feeling of dread coming into the building every morning knowing that your EVERY move was going to be criticized! I had one administrator in particular who followed me around like white on rice...

Gotta go...just got called to cover a class....AAARRGGHHH!!!!

Love and hugs!!
Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 3/1/11 9:27 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Lynn,
Where, in Florida, have you been staying?  I found Tampa just lovely.

Today has me running out to walk Utley and then heading to my AA meeting,  late already.

Then, I will hit the gym again, and attempt 20 minutes on the elliptical.  It was rough getting back on it yesterday, but I did get some time done on it. 

Nothing else exciting.  I am eating the BRAT diet because of some digestive issues.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lynnc99
on 3/2/11 5:01 am
Trish, I am in Naples, about 150 miles S of Tampa. I love the gulf coast!
Lisa H.
on 3/1/11 10:49 pm - Whitehall, PA
Morning Lynn...

Glad you had a good night last night. 

I did something for myself that will be well worthwhile towards my success.  I signed up for a Back To Basics class at the hospital where my "new" surgeon is located.  It is an 8 week program that has 4 weeks of mental health type support and 4 weeks of nutrition support.  I didn't think I was going to be able to do it because it is only being offered Tuesday nights at 6 (which is exactly the time Siehara's therapy ends) or Tuesday afternoons from 1-2:30 (which is during the work day).  I decided that this was important enough to make arrangements.  I contacted my boss and asked if I could work an alternate schedule for the 8 weeks that the class is offered.  I gave him my background since he has only been my boss for a few months and told him how important it was for me and my health.  He AGREED!  So, for 8 weeks beginning April 4, I will work 6-12:30 and 3-4:30 so I can get in my 8 hours and still do something UBER important for my self.  

Back to today.. work til 3:30.. Siehara has Bat Mitzvah tutoring 4:30-5:30.  Dinner at a nearby diner, then off to the synagogue to cook for Saturday.  I'm still trying to figure out where Siehara can stay Saturday night after her friend's Bat Mitzvah party so I can attend a party that I was invited to.  I have contacted a few other parents of kids I think would have been invited or who I know are going and am waiting to hear back from them.  Otherwise I guess my plans will have to be canceled.  Ahhh the life of a single mom.   Gotta love it!

My tracker

hers 

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/11 12:30 am
Lisa, I am so proud of you doing this for yourself.
(deactivated member)
on 3/2/11 12:33 am
Good Morning what is left of it....

In work today and finally got my email fixed so I didn't have to keep switching desk to send emails. Only took a week of not being able to send emails out to get it fixed. **eyeroll**.

After work will be heading home then going to to some laundry put away and start making alit of what to take on vacation. Can not wait to be away at this point. Then it will be curl up and watch Survivior with Den tonight.

Need to get a few things straight and been working through them and the gym has been helping my mood go figure. Who knew??
bvohl
on 3/2/11 3:31 am
Good Afternoon Lynn and PA!!

Lynn, I am so glad that you are having such a good time in FL!! You deserve it!!! Sounds like the lecture was really interesting!

It seems that the "work gods" have gotten in the way of me posting ALL DAY until now! Which happens to be 2:25pm!! Why is it that work gets in the way of all the important things?? Today has been hectic but I am FINALLY feeling better!! My tummy seems to be settling down and I can eat again, but I am not rushing it! After work I will go home and try and figure out what to do for dinner since we have a Dr. Seuss celebration at Dee's school tonight at 6:30. Can you say bologna on the go??? Hopefully Dee will have all of her homework done before she is picked up! I told her and the before and aftercare teachers that if she does not have her homework done she is not going tonight!! I am such a mean mom!!!

That's all folks!

Love to all,
Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA